Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spanish... ICK!

My story is on hold.... not the story of my life, but the story in my head that I'm putting on paper.  I am in college again. Which explains the whole starting over part of my first blog.  I know I haven't written that before, and it's not a secret, it's just a little overwhelming that at age...well, older than I want to admit to, I am back in college.  My first semester back I did 17 hours, that was insane, try juggling 1 husband, 2 dogs, 3 kids... I could keep going but I think you get what I'm trying to say.  It could always be worse, just imagine 3 husband and 1 kid.... /shudders.  Nope, I'll stick with the 3 kids.  This semester I'm only doing 14 hours, but it still seems like I am always swamped with homework.

Worse part is that Spanish seems to be my toughest subject.  You would think with a name like Juanita Hernandez, I would have a little bit of an advantage, but I am the whitest white person on the planet and learning Spanish seems to be the most difficult thing I've ever attempted, which says a lot since I adopted 2 kids and gave birth to a 3rd.  Yes, I am throwing learning Spanish out there as being as difficult as child birth.  Of course, I did have an epidural so maybe my perception is skewed.  However, that being said, I did almost die giving birth to my son and I doubt that Spanish will actually try to kill me.  It just threatens me a lot.

I am currently in college working on getting a Bachelors of Science in Psychology.  And what, you ask do I plan on doing what that degree?  Well, that is a really good question.  I could get my masters and become a therapist, or I could go to Law School after and become a defender of those who need help, but is that what I really want to do.... Hmmm?  I hope you can answer that because I can't seem to.

In a dream world, I would be a writer, but for some reason my kids like to eat and I doubt that I can feed them if I become a writer, because I want to write novels, and those don't pay all that regularly or often, and the kids seem to think food on a regular basis is important.  As I didn't always get 3 squares a day as a kid, I know that I will never to anything to deprive my children.  Even if that means not having a job that I'm passionate about.

Plus on a completely different note, I'm so lazy I doubt that I  would have the dedication to actually get the stories written.  If anyone knows a cure for laziness, please send me the link.... I could use it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonni
    I got your details from the Amazon book review you posted of the "Immortal Ever After" by Lynsay Sands.
    I like your reviews - they are informative, honest and quite entertaining. So is this blog, by the way.
    I know you won't have much time off, going back to college and all, but I'd like to send you a free copy of my two novels.

    "Dragon Heat – Book 1” is the love story of a wicked draconian demigoddess and the hot vampire king. http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Heat-Book-1-ebook/dp/B007SBJL6S

    “Manataka” is not about vampires but it is a supernatural love story about a troubled Native American prince and a modern day, strong willed historian. http://www.amazon.com/Manataka-ebook/dp/B00BH1SCQ0


    All I ask in return is for your honest review of them here and on Amazon.com - if you feel like it, no obligation, of course.

    If you're up for it. Please send me an email. I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Kind regards

    Ella J Phoenix
    ellajphoenix at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete